12 Sep GIS Services at the J. Willard Marriott Library
Interested in how GIS can assist in research and projects you’re developing? With expert assistance and a variety of support services available, GIS Services at the Marriott Library is available to collaboratively assist students, staff and faculty with the transformation and visualization of data through the creation of geospatial projects.
Looking for project ideas to get started?
Check out the collection of projects developed and collaborated on by GIS Services. These projects are not only educational, but also engaging through an enjoyable, interactive learning experience. Some of our most popular projects include:
- The Downwinders of Utah Archive
- Learn about nuclear testing conducted at the Nevada Test Site and the effects of nuclear fallout throughout Utah
- Reconstructing the Past Through Utah Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps
- Explore the historical Sanborn Fire Insurance Map Collection within an interactive, 3-dimensional environment
- Then & Now: A Historical Photo Comparison of Downtown Salt Lake City
- Learn about historical preservation and how areas of Downtown Salt Lake City have changes over time
- Bi-Weekly Map of the Week Releases
- View a variety of interactive maps demonstrating ideas and uses for incorporating GIS into your projects
Curious about what support services are available to assist you?
Through a collaborative partnership, GIS Services is available to assist you throughout the creation process including:
- Collaborative support in the creation of interactive and cartographic mapping projects
- GIS Services can assist throughout the production of your project to help discover your needs and determine the best course for achieving your project goals.
- Assistance researching, locating and creating geospatial data
- GIS Services can assist in locating, retrieving and creating geospatial data related to or supportive of your project enabling you to find the information you are searching for to keep your project moving forward.
- Skills development through workshops, video tutorials, online materials and in-person consultations
- GIS Services can assist in developing skills to utilize geospatial software programs including: ArcGIS, Google Earth, Google Maps and Global Mapper – these programs are available on computers throughout the Library.
- Project assistance and collaborative support
- GIS Services offers collaborative consultations by appointment giving you peace of mind knowing that we are available to assist and answer questions each step of the way.
To learn more about the geospatial services offered through the Marriott Library or to schedule a one-on-one consultation, please visit the GIS Services website @ www.lib.utah.edu/services/geospatial
Creativity & Innovation Services / GIS Services